National Popular vote bill raised – hearing to be scheduled
We’re excited to announce that the national popular vote bill (bill number coming soon!) was raised by the Government Administration and Elections (GAE) committee on Friday! That means that the bill will be drafted and there will be a hearing in Hartford in the near future.
Sign up for email updates for details on the date and time of the hearing – it could be as soon as the week of February 26th. Due to the hard work of our grassroots group last year, 7 of the committee members co-sponsored the bill last session. We’ll post information on how to write testimony for the upcoming hearing but in the meantime here is some guidance about what you can do.
What you can do:
- Call or email state representative and state senator (find them here) and let them know that you support the bill. Be sure to BCC firstname.lastname@example.org so we can track the number of supportive emails.
- Share this post and spread the word – once we know the date and time, we’ll be holding a rally at the state house the day of the hearing.
- Email members of the GAE committee (and BCC email@example.com) voice your support. In particular, let House committee chair Representative Dan Fox know you’re in favor and thank our supporters. Here are the GAE committee members:
- Representative Fox, House chair, Dan.Fox@cga.ct.gov, 148th District
- Senator Winfield, Senate co-chair, Gary.Winfield@cga.ct.gov, 10th District (Supporter!)
- Senator McLachlan, Michael.McLachlan@cga.ct.gov Senate co-chair, 24th District
- Senator Slossberg, Gayle.Slossberg@cga.ct.gov 14th District
- Senator Frantz, Scott.Frantz@cga.ct.gov 36th District
- Representative Winkler, Michael.Winkler@cga.ct.gov 56th District (Supporter!)
- Representative Haddad, Gregory.Haddad@cga.ct.gov 54th District (Supporter!)
- Representative Lesser, Matthew.Lesser@cga.ct.gov 100th District (Supporter!)
- Representative McCarthy Vahey, Cristin.McCarthyVahey@cga.ct.gov 133rd District(Supporter!)
- Representative Miller, Patricia.Miller@cga.ct.gov 145th District (Supporter!)
- Representative Santiago, Hilda.Santiago@cga.ct.gov 130th District (Supporter!)
- Representative Devlin, Laura.Devlin@housegop.ct.gov 134th District
- Representative Cummings, Stephanie.Cummings@housegop.ct.gov 74th District
- Representative France, Mike.France@housegop.ct.gov 42nd District
- Representative Labriola, David.Labriola@housegop.ct.gov 131rd District
- Representative Rebimbas,Rosa.Rebimbas@housegop.ct.gov 70th District
- Representative Sampson, Rob.Sampson@housegop.ct.gov 80th District